The KCC New Century Elite Development Programme (Previously: The Management Leadership Training Programme) was first co-organised by The Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Kowloon Chamber of Commerce in 1998. Every year, renowned Universities in the Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan are invited to select elite students to receive diversified and multicultural training with the students from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
To allow students from the Mainland, Taiwan, Macau and Hong Kong to acquire cross cultural management knowledge and experience and leadership skills which are beneficial to their personal growth and career development.
- Life – Participants can deepen mutual understanding by living together which allow them to have in-depth communication and contact and experience cultural difference
- Talk – Renowned figures from academic, professional and commercial sectors are invited to share different issues with participants in a bid to broaden their horizon
- Visit – Trips to historical sites and around the city will be arranged for participants
- Seminar – In order to facilitate communication and feelings exchange, participants from each University have to submit thematic studies and have present the report, lead discussion and express their thoughts and understandings during the programme
- Cultural Activities – including variety show and gatherings which allow participants to show their talents besides academic achievement